Best Recumbent Exercise Bike. Many people have the feeling that recumbent bikes are very comfortable to use because of their reclined position. Exercising on a recumbent bike can provide full back support.
With a larger seat, the recumbent bike allows you to relax your muscles in your upper body, your lower body, and your cardiovascular system. If you are a beginner, recumbent bikes are an excellent option to get started.
If you are an experienced biker, you can vary your pedaling speed, upping the resistance or cycling backward to be more challenging.
The reclined position when you are riding on a recumbent bike provides riders with the capability to watch television or read while exercising. This practice will encourage riders to stay on the bike for longer without getting bored.
That is why you should choose the recumbent bike because a piece of stationary cardio equipment can get you bored. This way, you will get full benefits from the exercise bike.
The benefits of riding a recumbent bike
The recumbent bike is stationary equipment to restore motion range, enhance cardiovascular fitness, and promote muscular strength. Here are the benefits of a recumbent exercise bike.
- Joint Movement. Exercising on a recumbent bike is a safe and best way to ease into joint movement.
- Patients with Back Issues. it helps patients with back issues to stay active as they are in the process of healing
- Low Strain Risk. Riding a recumbent bike can help avoid straining your hips and back
- Less Pain. Prople suffering from joint inflammation can do workout longer with less pain.
- Cardio Workout. It is not a leisure activity, it is getting a solid indoor cardio workout
Factors to consider when purchasing a recumbent bike
The Intensity Settings
Not every recumbent bike has the same intensity levels. One model offers a small to medium intensity. Other models are more hardcore to deliver a set of intensity settings to the maximum. It would be best to have a recumbent bike that comes with all levels of intensity. You can gradually increase the fitness level to engage you in your exercise for months to come.
You must purchase a recumbent bike that you can afford. Since there are many models in the market, you should not have a hard time finding one. One basic recumbent bikes come with price tags ranging from as low as $100 to $500. Higher quality machines are used by commercial gyms at a price of between$1,000 to $2,000.
The length of the warranty is an indication of the bike’s overall quality rating. The longer the warranty, the better quality. The suitable warranty should be at least 24-months. You can be sure to purchase a bike with a 5-year warranty.
It would be beneficial if you select a bike that comes with built-in programs. You will be able to set your workout routines based on your stamina and fitness levels. These built-in programs are based on goals, weight, gender, and fitness level.
Heart Rate Monitor
You can track your gauge and performance level by using a built-in heart rate monitor. Most recumbent bikes come with LCD displays that display performance data from a distance, calories burned, speed, and duration. If you own a GPS watch for hiking this feature may be overlooked.
The weight capacity of a recumbent bike will make sure you choose one model within your weight to prevent pressure on the parts. Doing a workout on a machine that is lightweight can increase the risk of getting injuries. The weight limits are between 250-pounds to 300-pounds.
You should avoid getting a severe butt pain. Seating comfort is very important to resolve this issue.
There are different levels of resistance to every recumbent bike model. Make sure you choose an advanced model with resistance levels to provide challenging workouts. Never purchase an exercise bike that is below your stamina.
You need to make sure that the recumbent bike comes with safety precautions to lower the risk of injury to you.
Best Recumbent Exercise Bike comparison chart
|Product||Weight Capacity||Best For||Resistance Level|
|Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709||300 pounds||Best Budget Recumbent Exercise Bike||8 levels. Magnetic|
|Schwinn 270 Series||300 pounds||Best Overall Recumbent Exercise Bike||25 levels friction|
|pooboo Recumbent Exercise Bike||280 pounds||Best For Seniors and Beginners||8 levels friction|
|Merax Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike with Bluetooth||380 pounds||Best Weight Capacity||8 levels magnetic|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike||350 pounds||Best For Bad Knees||8 levels|
|MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike||300 pounds||Best Adjustable||8 levels|
|LifeSpan R3i Recumbent Bike||400 pounds||Best For Back Pain||16 levels|
List of the Best Recumbent Exercise Bike
1. Best Budget Recumbent Exercise Bike – Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
- Best Budget Recumbent Bike. This Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike features heavy-duty and sturdy fourteen-gauge steel tubing in its body design and construction. This design makes the recumbent bike reliable and durable.
- Steel Frame. The exercise bike’s steel frame can protect the bike from all-weather conditions, which features a powder-coated finish to have assured durability.
- LCD Screen. You can see the workout metrics on an easy-to-read LCD computer screen. It is a beautiful and elegant recumbent exercise bike with a screen that displays information regarding torched calory, the distance, and the time throughout your exercise or workout. You can set it up on a flat floor because it does not have levelers.
- Comfortable. While having a workout, you can sit on a foam-padded saddle with a backrest for comfort. This exercise bike has two foam-padded handles to have a stable exercise that you can grab and hold on comfortably.
- Intensity Level. This exercise bike can stimulate a cycling bike that can pass through various terrains with different inclination. The surface may go flat and sometimes may go up a hill. All you have to do is to adjust the adjustable knob that magnetically sets eight cycling resistance levels. This adjustment can help you develop the muscles you will require to overcome all the challenging terrains.
- The Pedals. This exercise bike’s pedals feature adjustable foot straps to give the right fit and secure your foot. The brakes deliver the counterbalance that you require when working out.
|Resistance||8 levels. Magnetic|
|LCD Monitor||Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, ODO|
|Weight Capacity||300 pounds|
2. Best Overall Recumbent Exercise Bike – Schwinn 270 Series
- Versatile. This Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Series is a versatile workout bike with twenty-nine training programs installed on the bike. These programs can load up to twelve profiles, a quick-start program to get you up and running, four custom set programs, have nine heart rate monitoring, and two fitness tests. These capabilities make the bike the most versatile exercising bike. When purchasing an exercising bike, see its ability to the resistance levels.
- Difficulty Level. If you want to train in the long run, you should choose an exercise bike full range. Using the magnetic flywheel, you can set from one and twenty-five difficulty levels. You can set the flywheel to the difficulty of hills and mountains. These difficulties can be accommodated by this exercise, no matter how intense you want your workout. High-speed inertia activates the flywheel drive system to make sure you have consistent and smooth workouts every time. It also has connectivity with home appliances.
- Bluetooth. Bluetooth connectivity will enable you to monitor, follow up, and design your progress. This system is compatible with almost any fitness tracking tool.
- Console. There is a console that comes with a backlit LCD screen to display all the 29 training programs to set, and all your workout metrics remain to be seen at all times.
- Padded Seat Bottom. The seat’s bottom is padded, and the seat can be easily adjusted through an aluminum sliding rail system. You can workout with much comfort on the ergonomically contoured seat while the backrest is perforated for excellent ventilation.
|Resistance||25 levels friction|
|LCD Monitor||DualTrack LCD displays|
|Weight Capacity||300 pounds|
3. Best For Seniors and Beginners – pooboo Recumbent Exercise Bike, Indoor Cycling Bike Adjustable Magnetic Resistance and Seat
- Durable. This pooboo Recumbent Exercise Bike, Indoor Cycling Bike Adjustable Magnetic Resistance, and Seat feature a sturdy, durable, and heavy-duty steel frame. The steel-made structure enables this exercise bike to support up to 330 pounds of bodyweight.
- Digital LCD Screen. You can monitor your calories burnt, pulse rate, distance, time, and display speed from an easy-to-read digital LCD screen. There are two soft foam-padded handlebars just beside the LCD monitor.
- Anti-slip Grip. These two handlebars deliver an anti-slip grip and a snug needed during your workouts or exercises. Next to these handlebars is a flywheel resistance that can be adjusted by an adjustability knob. You can relax your grip when you hold these handlebars while receiving real-time heart rate reading on your LCD monitor. This exercise bike is equipped with an easy-to-reach water bottle holder, so it will not get you dehydrated.
- Adjustable Flywheel. You can easily decrease and increase the flywheel’s resistibility with a simple twist of the knob for an effective workout. The magnetic resistance has eight preset levels, to ensure you have perfect simulations similar to all the terrains that you could experience on a real bicycle.
- High-Density Foam Padding. You can sit on the excellent high-density foam padding for a comfortable workout, wrapped in high-quality leather. You can easily adjust the backrest for your preferred position to make your seat highly comfortable. This exercise bike has seat-side handlebars that have dual pulse rate sensors.
- Pedals. You can have a smooth riding experience with its pedals that feature a step-thru design. These excellent pedals have adjustable foot straps to prevent foot slippage when you are cycling. You will not get slipped because these pedals’ surfaces are anti-slip. The exercise bike’s rear stabilizers have transport wheels mounted on the rear to assist you in moving this unit without lifting your recumbent bike.
|Resistance||8 levels friction|
|LCD Monitor||Speed, time, distance, calories burned and odometer.|
|Weight Capacity||280 pounds|
4. Best Weight Capacity – Merax Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike with Bluetooth
- Best Weight Capacity. The tubing of this Merax Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike with Bluetooth is made of high-quality, heavy-duty steel which makes it durable and sturdy. The maximum weight it can support is a 380 pounds person.
- LCD Screen. You can see the efficiency of your workout by tracking your calories burned, body’s pulse rate, time, speed, and distance. View all of the metrics from its LCD screen that displays those workout information. It is equipped with dual pulse rate sensors to provide you real-time reading on the heart rate.
- Adjustable. Adjust the flywheel’s tension by setting with an easy-to-twist knob which sets located next to the LCD screen. Set the challenging cycling difficulties according to your preferred tension to feel like cycling a real bicycle. By setting the resistibility, you can be sure to have a sufficient workout experience. The resistibility can be set to eight different levels to give you excellent muscle training.
- Anti-slip Grip. You can have an anti-slip grip while you are exercising with your hands on the two sets of handlebars that have soft paddings for a snug grip.
- Comfort Seat. While you are sitting, you can relax by the backrest that is cushioned for a comfortable exercise. The seat has an easy-to-reach lever for adjusting horizontally to adapt to your height.
- Pedals. The pedals are anti-slip that are made from high-quality textures. You do not have to worry about the ideal fit of your foot because you can adjust the foot straps of the pedals. You will have a secure and non-slip workout when you wear them correctly. There are also front stabilizers that feature portability or transport wheels anytime you want to move this recumbent bike from one location to another.
|Resistance||8 levels magnetic|
|LCD Monitor||Time, distance, speed, odometer, pulse and calories|
|Weight Capacity||380 pounds|
5. Best For Bad Knees – Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike
- Best For Bad Knees. This Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike has an excellent body design and sturdy construction. The strength of the bike can hold a person that weighs up to 350 pounds.
- LCD Monitor. You can track your pulse rate, total calories burned, speed, time, and distance from a digital LCD monitor that displays those workout information. This information is to assist you in tracking the progress of the exercise. If you have a tablet, you could also place it over the monitor because there is a tablet holder above the digital monitor. The recumbent bike can deliver entertainment such as listening to your music track during workouts.
- Sensor. A dual pulse rate sensor is located at the movable handlebars that work to build up your arms’ muscles for all-round body fitness.
- Resistant Level. It has eight pre-set flywheel resistance levels for different workout intensities. It has eight pre-set flywheel resistance levels for different workout intensities. You can set to your preferred workout resistance by adjusting a knob.
- Comfortable Seat. Set to your preferred workout resistance by adjusting a knob. You can seat and use the heavy cushioning backrest. The heavy cushioning will give you a comfortable workout. Have a hassle-free exercise with the seat’s heavy paddings to relieve pressure points in your tailbone. The seat is horizontal and can be adjusted to accommodate your height.
- Highly Textures Pedals. The exercise bike has an adjuster to aid. You will not have a slip exercise because the pedals are highly textures. These pedals have adjustable foot straps to secure your foot. The pedals provide a step-through design to eases your workouts. You can move the machine with its in-built transportation wheels from one location to another.
|LCD Monitor||Scan, Speed, Time, Distance, Calories, Odometer, Pulse|
|Weight Capacity||350 pounds|
6. Best Adjustable – MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
- LCD Monitor. This MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike is equipped with an LCD monitor to show workout data, including calories burned, distance, pulse rate, time, and speed. You can track your metrics to evaluate the performance. Enjoy listening to your music while exercising on your tablet or phone to place it on the phone holder. Two handlebars have soft vinyl foam padding to deliver a snug, and the non-slip grip of your machine is located near the phone holder. The real-time pulse reading is set at handlebars so you can track it when you are exercising.
- Comfort Seat. The seat is heavily padded for an excellent comfort level. You can adjust the seat horizontally with an easy-to-reach lever to compensate for your height issues. It is good for those people with back pain issues.
- Resistance Level. You can simulate a real cycling experience with the eight-level resistance as if you were cycling a real bicycle on rough terrain.
- Pedals. The pedals are made to prevent slips with foot straps to secure your feet. You can move the exercise bike with the stabilizers that have transportation wheels from one location or corner to another.
|LCD Monitor||Time, Speed, Distance, Calories burned and Heart rate|
|Weight Capacity||300 pounds|
7. Best For Back Pain – LifeSpan R3i Recumbent Bike
- Best For Back Pain. This LifeSpan R3i Recumbent Bike is very suitable for those people who are having foot or back pain. Workout level, heart rate, resistance level, RPM, speed, and distance are displayed on a multi-color LCD screen.
- Seat. The seat of this bike provides comfort that seat features a molded foam at the bottom side. The backrest of the exercise back is breathable and flexible for adjustment. The adjustment is an inclination angle for lumbar support and greater comfort. There are also armrests that make sure that you stay comfortable. The seat is highly comfortable and has an office-style.
- Pedals and Resistance Level. The pedaling system is noiseless that has foot straps to secure your foot. You can challenge yourself with the sixteen resistance levels that can simulate real cycling. You can choose from seventeen workout programs with three categories, such as active living, weight loss, and sports training.
- Weight Capacity. A person weighing up to 400 pounds, can use this exercise bike because of its sturdy body design and construction. The pulleys, bearings, and flywheel, are made of high-quality components that make it durable and reliable.
|LCD Monitor||Date and time, workout time, calories, RPM, distance, heart rate, speed, resistance level and watts|
|Weight Capacity||400 pounds|
How recumbent bike can provide various workout
Recumbent bikes lower your body muscles and strengthen your heart. Pedaling is fast speed gets your heart pumping.
The resistance makes your leg muscles burn for fewer calories. A controlled and slow push with resistance promotes leg endurance and strength.
You can have several muscle groups are being used during a workout.