Best Paint Sprayer For Cabinets. As a homeowner, you could resort to the old school method and whip out the paintbrushes for your cabinets. In today’s world, you would not have the time and patience to do that.
You will be pleased to learn that you can streamline the painting process and cut down the amount of time you spend on these cabinet projects. You can use the best paint sprayer for cabinets, to finish these cabinets projects with these tools.
A paint sprayer is a tool that will use to make any painting or staining jobs easy and quick. It takes out the repetitiveness of painting your cabinets and it will provide you with complete coverage as well as an even finish.
In this article, we have research and gather some accurate information about paint sprayers. We have come up with a buying guide for readers looking for the best paint sprayer for cabinets. Check out our best paint sprayer review, and the comparison, so you can make the purchasing decision as soon as possible.
Our Quick Overview
- Best Easy To Use Paint Sprayer: HomeRight Finish Max C800766
- Best Lightweight Paint Sprayer: Wagner Spraytech Control Spray
- Best Overall Paint Sprayer: HomeRight Super Finish Max
- Best For Small Paint Jobs: Graco Ultra Max Cordless
- Best Budget Paint Sprayer: REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
- Best Cordless Paint Sprayer: Graco Ultra Cordless Airless
- Best Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer: Wagner Spraytech FLEXiO 590
Our Top Picks
Primeareviews earns a commission through the affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
|Fuji HVLP Paint Sprayer 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System||HVLP Paint Sprayer||4.7||4.8||612850022028|
|Earlex HV5500 HVLP Paint Sprayer Spray Station||HVLP Paint Sprayer||4.7||4.5||5016501001281|
|Wagner Spray Gun Spraytech 0529010 FLEXiO 590 Best Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer||HVLP Paint Sprayer||3.7||4.2||024964214105|
|Wagner Spraytech 0529091 FLEXIO 5000 Stationary HVLP Paint Sprayer||HVLP Paint Sprayer||3.5||4.2||024964272501|
|Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer||Airless Paint Sprayer||4.5||4.7||305489550481|
|Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer||Airless Paint Sprayer||$$||4.6||305489550481|
|Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360 VSP Handheld Paint Sprayer||VSP Paint Sprayer||$$||4.2||755652063049|
Paint sprayer types
1. HVLP paint sprayer
HVLP paint sprayers or (high-volume, low-pressure, or turbo-sprayers) are made for the pros. These HLVP paint sprayers are professional paint-spraying equipment ideal for cabinets, furniture, trim, and finish work.
The paint sprayer can finish any detailed applications where a smooth finish, speed, and high accuracy are needed. Using lower air pressure and a higher volume of paint, HVLP spray guns can control the color’s even-spread with reliability.
You can save money by minimizing wasted paint from paint splatter and overspray. You will save time because you do not have to clean up your lines.
2. Airless paint sprayer
The airless paint sprayer does not need a compressor nor a turbine. It is the most versatile and fastest method to get professional painting results.
With the airless paint sprayer, you can spray with a numerous variety of materials, unthinned. It works up to 10 times faster than a brush and four times as fast as a roller!
This equipment is breaking up or atomizing into small droplets. The fluid or liquid is pumped through a spray tip under high pressure.
The fluid comes out from the tip in a high-speed and stable stream. When that stream hits the air, the droplets become disrupted. The liquid separates into tiny droplets to form the spray pattern.
3. LVLP paint sprayer
Low Volume Low Air Pressure or LVLP) paint sprayers utilize an air compressor and a hose to run a spray gun. LVLP paint sprayer only requires three and ten pounds PSI or per square inch to run.
The paint sprayer will work with less and smaller powerful air compressors. LVLP sprayers make tiny spray patterns that will take more time to paint a cabinet but with accurate painting and minimal waste.
These sprayers may need thicker liquid or paints to be diluted with water to avoid any clogging. If you own an air compressor, LVLP sprayers are a great option.
4. Conventional paint sprayer
A compressed air paint sprayer or compressed air paint sprayer applies paint or liquid in thin coats with a spray gun attached to a tank (pressurized) via a high-pressure hose. These paint sprayers can cost more and are ideal for kitchen cabinets.
Cabinets require a smooth and professional-looking finish with added coats to achieve the look and feel of great results. The paint sprayer uses an air compressor to operate.
You can fit spray guns with different size nozzles to optimize the flow and the spray pattern. It is an excellent tool for painting or re-painting kitchen cabinets.
Main components of paint sprayer for cabinets
Factors to consider when purchasing paint sprayer for cabinets
1. Easy to use
You can pick the HLVP paint sprayer because it is easy to control and the easiest to use. With a small amount of overspray, the HVLP paint sprayer is an excellent option for painting cabinets.
When you purchase one unit, it comes with an air compressor to operate.
The airless paint sprayers can deliver superior performance. That is why it can handle big projects, including home interior, walls, and fences. Since airless paint sprayers produce overspray, when you are painting a cabinet, it could be challenging and messy.
2. The capacity
If you choose a higher-capacity paint sprayer, you do not have to stop and refill so often. Most HVLP paint sprayers include plastic or metal cups and hold about one paint quart.
Spray guns have a cup that fits the bottom or top of the gun and holds approximately 20 ounces. Airless sprayers offer the highest capacity.
3. Flexible pressure
You need to select a paint sprayer with adjustable pressure. There should be a control on paint sprayers that let you adjust the specific pressure pushing the liquid paint through the paint sprayer.
With lower pressure, the result would be an uneven coating or tails in the finish or fingers.
With a higher pressure, the result would be excessive misting or overspray. Adjust the control to enough pressure to atomize the coating.
4. The size of the spray tip
Airless paint sprayers use a spray tip that spread out the liquid paint as it gets out of the sprayer. The spray tip size concludes the spray pattern’s size and shape and how much paint is delivered.
Picking the right spray tip size is vital to have a good finish and preventing clogs. A three-digit code delineates the spray tip sizes.
The first number (usually multiplied by two) shows how wide of a spray the fan tip will work at a distance of twelve inches. The other two numbers delineate the size of the orifice (thousandths of an inch).
A 425 tip has twenty-five thousandths of an inch opening and will apply an eight-inch wide fan of paint twelve inches away. To have successful spraying, use a tip rated for the coating.
Stains and lacquers are thinner than paint. They require a tip with a smaller orifice (.009 to .013).
Latex and oil-based paints require a wider orifice (013 and .019), and they are thicker in size. A clog can happen when the tip is small. An excessive overspray can occur when a tip is too large. It would be best if you remembered to replace the tip between projects.
5. The size of the cabinet
Your cabinet’s size is an essential factor when selecting a paint sprayer. A paint sprayer that has a powerful spray can create excessive overspray.
The powerful spray can mess the work area, produce a poor finish, making wasted paint, and a potentially hazardous work environment. On the other side, a soft volume spray and handheld paint sprayers are excellent for medium to small size cabinets. They are easier to use, easy to control, and the price is more affordable.
Our Top Picks of the Best Paint Sprayers in 2021
We researched online to put together the top paint sprayers available on the market today. Combining mostly on consumer reviews and product information, we recommend our favorite products.
Best Easy To Use Paint Sprayer
HomeRight Finish Max C800766
Average Ratings: 4.02
- When you use the HomeRight Finish Max C800766 paint sprayer for cabinets, you can feel comfortable and lightweight. We think that this paint sprayer is an excellent option for prolonged use because it can reduce hand fatigue.
- HomeRight Finish Max is also an excellent choice for beginners or a simple design or easy-to-use paint sprayer for cabinets with no unnecessary hassle or added features.
- The spray nozzle is made from durable brass, to protect it from warping and damage. Any temperature changes can warp the durability and even the shape of plastic components.
- The brass can withstand temperature changes. So you do not have to worry about the spray nozzle of the paint sprayer being damaged after extensive use.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||012564007661|
|Dimension||5 x 9 x 12.5 inches|
|Warranty||2-year limited warranty|
Best Lightweight Paint Sprayer
Wagner Spraytech Control Spray Double Duty HVLP Paint Sprayer or Stain Sprayer
Average Ratings: 4.03
- The Wagner Spraytech 0518050 Control Sprayer provides a high level of precision and control in an easy-to-use, simple, and intuitive paint sprayer for cabinets. We believe that the Wagner Spraytech paint sprayer is easy to get a maximum result and robust, regardless of your painting project’s experience level and nature.
- The spray cap can be adjusted to control over paint flow with precision, to let smaller and wider spray patterns, and to adjust to different viscosity of paint when needed.
- Wagner Spraytech is lightweight and comfortable to use for more extended span periods. Wagner Spraytech is an excellent option for large or small projects.
- The spray painter features a mechanism for outdoor and indoor use without needing user experience.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||024964180738|
Best Overall Paint Sprayer
HomeRight Super Finish Max Extra Power Painter
Average Ratings: 4.20
- The HomeRight Super Finish Max is a compact and lightweight paint sprayer that can provide high-performance spray. You do not need to worry about warping, because it features a strong brass spray nozzle.
- HomeRight Super Finish Max is not made of plastic that can warp easily from high temperatures. We think that its spray nozzle’s brass is more resistant to high temperature, resists warping, and stays in shape after intense and heavy use.
- The HomeRight Super Finish Max needs only minimal paint thinning, to help you achieve smooth color coverage and robustness in a smaller number of coats. You can choose this solid HomeRight Super Finish Max for cabinets to achieve an excellent result for any painter fast.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||818226821411|
|Dimension||9.5 x 6 x 12.5 inches|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Best For Small Paint Jobs
Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer
Average Ratings: 3.53
- This Graco Ultra Max Cordless 17M367 airless paint sprayer is a lightweight and compact paint sprayer for household panting and painting kitchen cabinets. You can use the cordless paint sprayer in any location without having trouble with tangling, and cord length.
- We think that the Graco Ultra Max Cordless is easy to use in small spaces to be an excellent choice for painting small jobs and the interiors of kitchen cabinets. Other than that, the Graco Ultra Max Cordless paint sprayer can cover larger areas at high speed and efficiency.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||755652390251|
|Dimension||17.4 x 13 x 7.2 inches|
Best Budget Paint Sprayer
REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
Average Ratings: 4.17
- The Rexbeti Ultimate 750 Paint Sprayer can provide an excellent result when you are panting for cabinets. It can offer high-powered paint spraying with precision.
- With such power, Rexbeti Ultimate 750 Paint Sprayer is an excellent choice for small, medium, or large painting projects. Rexbeti Ultimate 750 Paint Sprayer has three different interchangeable spray nozzles, from thin varnishes to chalk paints or thicker latex.
- The whole body is comfortable and lightweight, to lower hand fatigue in extended periods. These features maintain a high comfort level and keep projects enjoyable until you finish.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||646690217467|
|Dimension||11.8 x 5.5 x 11.4 inches|
Best Cordless Paint Sprayer
Graco Ultra Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer
Average Ratings: 3.50
- This cordless paint sprayer product is designed for painting furniture and your kitchen cabinets. The Graco Ultra Cordless 17M363 cordless paint sprayer is lightweight, easy to use, and extra versatile.
- You can use the handheld paint sprayer anywhere indoor or outdoor without having the risk of limited reach or cord tangling. You can paint in small spaces with precise control.
- The result is smooth paint at high speed. Setting up and using the cordless paint sprayer is easy with high power and high performance when painting any surface. It is a perfect option for homeowners.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||755652385394|
|Dimension||17.5 x 12.8 x 6.8 inches|
Best Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer
Wagner Spraytech FLEXiO 590 Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer
Average Ratings: 3.50
- The Wagner Spraytech FLEXiO 590 Handheld Paint Sprayer is a powerful paint sprayer and can produce a high-quality result. We thibk that it is an efficient tool that will make any painting job more comfortable, no matter what the project may be.
- Wagner Spraytech can allow painting with undiluted paint, and it does not need any thinning to start spraying.
- The spray nozzles are interchangeable for different paint spreads. With this feature, you can precisely have detailed control and high-speed large area painting.
- This Wagner Spraytech handheld paint sprayer for cabinets is a fast tool that provides high performance on the market. It is one of the best homeowner paint sprayers.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||024964214105|
|Dimension||15.9 x 6.7 x 13.9 inches|
How to maintain your paint sprayer for cabinets?
1. Keep the filter clean
When there is time to change the paint bucket, you may require to clean the filter screen. You need to buy a soft bristle brush to eliminate dirt or debris from the screen.
There is a chance that debris can enter the tip of the gun, the filter of your spray gun will keep out the debris. You need to keep this filter clean when you find out that your spray patterns becoming distorted.
2. Keep paint off the motor
The motor of your paint sprayer must be clear of paint. You need to clean off splatters.
The motor of the sprayer may overheat because any paint that collects on the surface will act as an insulating blanket. One sure way to avoid this is to use a motor cover while painting to protect from paint and to keep the engine cool.
3. The valves
If you want to keep your paint sprayer always in good working condition, you need to oil the inlet valve after use. The valve assembly should be cleaned completely using water and a bristle brush.
You need to replace the valve if your sprayer is still dripping after cleaning.
4. Strain the paint
Before pouring paint into the paint sprayer, you need to make sure that there is no debris that may clog and damage your paint sprayer. You can strain your paint through a paint strainer into another bucket. After that, you can pour the strained paint into the paint sprayer.
5. Proper fluid
Never use water in the pump. Many components of your paint sprayer are made of steel or metals. They can rust if stored in contact with water for long periods.
Read the manual and use manufacturer-recommended fluids to prevent rust and make sure your paint sprayer is in excellent shape for the next project.
Factors to consider when purchasing a paint sprayer for cabinets
1. The price
How much money are you willing to spend on paint sprayers? It is recommended to have a budget times two you are willing to pay, to set the highest price limit.
If a paint sprayer for cabinets product has a price more than the doubled figure, remove the product from your list. It is very important to get value for your budget during any purchase.
2. Customer review
You must be very careful before your purchase. Discover customer review to better understand how good they are.
Verified purchasers will always give positive reviews for high-quality products. If you find a product that has few positive reviews and has negative ratings, removes them from your list.
Watch out for fake reviews. Some companies or sellers hire other people to write positive reviews about their products.
Products made overseas are of better quality and cheaper. Purchase products made in the USA that are even better in quality, and get ready to pay for the extra cost.
Find a compatible brand to use on the material you are going to spray. To spray latex paint, remove paint sprayers that do not work with latex. You can find this information in the manual or the description.
4. Size and shape of the nozzle tips
Some of these nozzle tips are suitable for spraying small items. A few of them suited only for larger surface areas.
The larger nozzle tip is suitable to spray the large walls. It is not for spraying a small can. There are many different size tips in the market so you can consider these tips to choose the best paint sprayer for cabinets.
How to use your paint sprayer professionally?
Protective gear for paint sprayer
When you are using a paint sprayer, make sure you are wearing protective gear. It is to avoid any toxic chemicals on you or in your lungs.
If you get solvents or paint on you, read the instructions on what to do. You can wash the paint off with warm soapy water.