Are you looking for new impact socket sets? In that case, it would be the easiest decision to make. If you want to discover what is the best impact socket sets, you need to do some research so you will not purchase the bad ones.
Good impact socket sets are not too easy to find. If you are looking for an affordable impact socket with the highest quality, it is even harder to find.
You have to remember that when using an impact gun, use the correct sockets. Standard sockets are not supposed to be used with impact guns.
The high-torque can cause them to crack or warp. Sockets rated for impact usage are suited for an electric or pneumatic impact gun.
Best impact socket sets comparison
- Gearwrench 84934N 19 Pc.1/2″ Dr 6 Point SAE Deep Impact Socket Set
- TEKTON 3/8, 1/2 Inch Drive 6-Point Impact Socket Set, 38-Piece
- Hiltex 02444 1/2″ Drive Deep Impact Socket Set, 14 Piece Assortment
- STANLEY 97-126 11-Piece Deep Impact Socket Set
- TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Shallow Impact Socket Set, Metric, Cr-V, 6-Point, 11 mm – 32 mm, 14-Sockets
Best choices for impact socket sets
1. Gearwrench 84934N 19 Pc.1/2″ Dr 6 Point SAE Deep Impact Socket Set
- This product features a corrosion-resistant coating, chrome casing, and the durability to withstands the test of time.
- These impact sockets are available as a set or individually for professional users. These sockets are made from impact-grade chrome molybdenum alloy steel (Cr-Mo) for outstanding durability and strength.
- For tighter spaces, it features parallel necks on select sockets.
|GTIN or UPC||818284557390|
|Included Components||19 6-point, 1/2″ drive, deep profile, SAE Standard size impact sockets in sizes 3/8”, 7/16”, 1/2”, 9/16”, 5/8”, 11/16”, 3/4″, 13/16”, 7/8”, 15/16”, 1”, 1-1/6”, 1-1/8”, 1-3/16”, 1-1/4”, 1-5/16”, 1-3/8”, 1-7/16”, and 1-1/2”|
|Material||Chrome molybdenum alloy steel|
2. TEKTON 3/8, 1/2 Inch Drive 6-Point Impact Socket Set, 38-Piece
- This Tekton 4888 product has a thirty-eight-piece set good enough to suit the needs of users. With thirty-eight heads, you will not require to purchase any more heads collection anytime soon.
- More or less, these heads are very durable. They are made from high-quality chrome or steel compound material. This material will make sure the set can withstand the wear to the job.
- These heads are well marked. The markings are laser etched for identification, which are easy to read.
- You can even read them in low light settings so you will not struggle to identify the head you are searching for.
|GTIN or UPC||020209048887|
|Included Components||(6) 3/8 in. drive shallow 6-point sockets (inch): 3/8, 7/16 (11 mm), 1/2, 9/16, 11/16, 3/4 inch (19 mm);
(7) 3/8 in. drive shallow 6-point sockets (metric): 8 (5/16), 9, 12, 13, 14, 16 (5/8), 17 mm;
(11) 1/2 in. drive shallow 6-point sockets (metric): 10, 11 (7/16), 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (5/8), 17, 18, 21, 24 mm (15/16);
(10) 1/2 in. drive deepwell 6-point sockets (inch): 1/2, 9/16, 11/16, 3/4 (19 mm), 13/16, 7/8 (22 mm), 1, 1-1/16 (27 mm), 1-1/8, 1-1/4 inch (32 mm);
(1) 1/2 inch (F) x 3/8 inch (M) reducer;
(1) 3/8 in. drive x 3 inch extension bar;
(1) 1/2 in. drive x 3 inch extension bar;
(1) carrying case;
|Material||Corrosion-resistant electroplate finish|
3. Hiltex 02444 1/2″ Drive Deep Impact Socket Set, 14 Piece Assortment
- The strongest selling point of this product is the price. Its price is affordable for a fourteen piece impact socket set.
- The set is made from high strength alloy steel. The set comes with a black electroplated finish for oil and corrosion resistance.
- Special 6-point flank drive design will make fastening with the maximum drive while not harming and damaging the corners.
- An extra-deep broach will provide the full length of fasteners. It is an excellent piece for lug nuts where shallow sockets do not work.
- Each socket has a ball hole for locking onto drive tang of impact wrenches.
|GTIN or UPC||7552381224047|
|Brand||Ridgerock Tools Inc|
|Included Components||3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1, 1-1/16, 1-1/8, 1-1/4 inches|
|Material||Black electroplate finish|
4. STANLEY 97-126 11-Piece Deep Impact Socket Sets
- This Stanley 97-126 is an excellent choice for a limited budget. Some drawbacks can be found with socket sets in this price range.
- This product provides a decent level of value here for beginners. Eleven heads should be good enough to suit the needs of tools for a low price.
- The quality is medium and prone to wear and tear. It rusts easily, and you could miss a few heads like the 15MM.
- You might want to add a few tools for supplementary uses.
|GTIN or UPC||076174971262|
|Included Components||10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24-mm|
|Material||Chrome vanadium steel;
Black powder coat industrial finish;
5. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Deep 6-Point Impact Socket Sets
- This Tekton 4817 has the specifications of the socket heads with the laser etchings, the resistant coating, and chrome-finished heads. It is a shallow impact socket set that includes fourteen head sizes.
- The price is affordable for a high-quality package.
- Keep in mind that it has only 14 heads so that you might be short of head sizes. The laser-etched size markings are practically readable, even in low light conditions.
- It is made from heat-treated and forged chrome vanadium steel. The surface is coated with a corrosion-resistant black phosphate finish.
|GTIN or UPC||020209048832|
|Included Components||14-pc. 1/2 in. drive 6-pt. impact sockets: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 27, 30, 32 mm, Storage case|
|Material||Forged and heat-treated chrome vanadium steel|
What you need to consider on impact socket sets
After reading many testimonials and reviews, you are still not sure about what socket sets to purchase. One of the reasons could be that you are not sure what to look for in an impact socket set yet.
The fact is, there could be a lot to consider when buying the right socket set. It is normal if you quite do not understand.
To get an easier decision on selecting and purchasing one socket set, it would be very helpful to read on for a list of numerous considerations. Hopefully, these considerations help you to make the decision much more manageable.
1. The markings
You would wonder how well a socket head is marked or labeled is essential. Even if you are an expert car mechanic, you may have a problem selecting the suited-sized head in one box of fourteen poorly marked heads.
By purchasing a socket set with etchings that is clear to see, is an excellent way to avoid struggle during the action. Purchasing one socket set like the Tekton in the list will provide you a better job of selecting one head because the marking of their heads is very clear.
These markings should be easy to see even in low-light scenarios.
Over time, socket heads could encounter wear and tear. As a smart shopper, you should consider a higher quality socket set at a higher price.
You should purchase a socket set that is made with corrosion-resistant, oil-resistant, solid material, and resilient material. You could consider the Tekton brand on the list.
3. Number of sizes
There are many options to choose from. But one thing for sure, the size of an impact socket set or how many socket heads come with the set can come in 11 heads, 14 heads, or 38 heads.
You must know which number of sizes do you really need. If you are going to use it regularly, purchase one impact socket set with a lot of heads. If you buy the 38 heads socket set, there is a little chance that you do not need to purchase heads in the future.
However, if you are going to use the impact socket set for a specific job, you can limit your budget by purchasing a limited number of heads.
Frequently ask question
What is the impact socket?
An impact socket is a tool that securely attaches to a 1/4 inch impact driver with the right attachment, impact wrench, ratchet, or socket wrench.
They are particularly designed for impact power tools and can withstand impact stresses like an impact driver, the high torque, wrench, or vibration can deliver.
Impact socket has abrasion resistance, will not chip, will not crack, will not fail under extreme stresses. These impact pressure can happen during a powerful hammering action of an impact tool.
An impact socket is sturdy enough against high torque that an impact driver or wrench can deliver well as the vibrations and shock from the hammering action.
These impact sockets are mostly made of chrome-molybdenum steel. They are a more durable composition with specialized coatings and a few anti-vibration features.
These impact sockets in appearance are like those conventional sockets. Impact sockets and regular sockets work by securely holding a bolt or a nut in place so you can loosen or tighten them by turning.
Impact sockets commonly have a drive socket on one end. This drive socket goes on the drive shaft of your impact driver or impact wrench.
Drive sockets are square-shaped so that they can fit the square drives of your 1/2 inch impact wrench or impact driver.
The head is the part that grips the fastener firmly snugly while the tool brings to bear its turning power. You will notice these heads would come in a hexagonal shape for a better grip.
These sockets are hex sockets. But there are numerous varieties of other socket head shapes available because there are also many types of nuts and bolts of all sorts of sizes and shapes.
What is an impact socket used for?
An impact socket can be utilized for tightening or loosening a nut or a bolt. They work only when attached to an impact power tool.
These tools are designed to be used alongside an impact driver or impact wrench. They can perform better and last longer than conventional or regular sockets.
They may be used along with side hand tools like ratchets. It is recommended to utilized an impact socket with an impact wrench or an impact driver.
It is an excellent solution when you require much torque to loosen, or fasteners that are corroded, or stuck.
When you are using regular sockets, they may work for these mechanical jobs. Commonly they can not withstand the shock and vibration.
Impact sockets are not prone to flaking off the outer finish, get scraped, or cracking.
Impact socket has the elasticity to them so they would not snap off. It would be a lot safer to use with high torque power tools.
Can I use the best impact sockets for everything?
You can use impact sockets for everything. Without enough tasks, they become useless.
Is it OK to use impact sockets with a ratchet?
The most straightforward answer is yes. It depends on what you are wrenching on. An impact socket can be utilized in place of a conventional socket when using a non-impact ratchet. It would be safe to use an impact socket on a hand ratchet.