Best air mattress for everyday use. The right selection of air mattresses is a crucial key for a good night’s sleep. Whether you are hosting guests, sleeping on an outdoor camping trip, or in a temporary living situation, you need to use one every day or just a few days, a high-quality airbed that does not break the bank is suitable. The best air mattresses for everyday use should be your best option.
We are trying to provide accurate information to new air mattress users about the dos and don’ts of air mattresses for everyday use. You must choose the best air mattress for optimum sleep, and the best air mattress for long-term use.
In this article, we have carefully research information about air mattresses for everyday use. We have come up with this buying guide for the best air mattress users looking for the top air mattress. Check out our best air mattress for everyday use comparison, pros, cons, our favorite, and review, so you can make the purchasing decision easier.
Our Quick Overview
- Best Blow-Up Mattress: SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
- Best Air Mattress for Heavy People: Etekcity Air Mattress
- Best Inflatable Bed: Fox Airbeds
- Most Durable Air Mattress: Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
- Best Inflatable Airbed: King Koil Queen Air Mattress
- Best Air Mattresses For Everyday Use: Air Mattress King Size
- Best Air Mattress for Camping: Coleman Camping Cot
- Best Budget Air Mattress: WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress
Our editors research, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. Primeareviews earns a commission through the affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
Our Comparison of Best Air Mattresses
|King Koil Queen Raised Air Mattress for Everyday use||600 lbs.||$$$||8.0|
|SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress||500 lbs.||$$$||8.8|
|Coleman Queen Airbed Folding Cot||600 lbs.||$$$||7.9|
|Air Mattress Full Size – Best Choice Raised Inflatable Bed with Fitted Sheet||500 lbs
|Fox Airbeds – Plush High Rise Air Mattress||600 lbs.||$$$||8.4|
|WonderSleep Air Mattress For Everyday Use||400 lbs.||$$||7.0|
|Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress||450 lbs.||$$$||8.7|
|Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed||600 lbs.||$$$||8.2|
Air Mattress King Size
Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Better sleep with added memory foam. Easy to inflate. Easy to set. Best air mattress. Highly recommended. Great bed skirt. Good quality. Great packaging or appearances. Competitive air mattress.
- There are 81% of positive reviews.
- There are 19% of negative statements.
King Koil Queen Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
Best Inflatable Airbed
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Easy to inflate. Easy to set. Best air mattress. Great customer service. Best air mattress.
- There are 91% of positive reviews.
- There are 9% of negative statements.
“This air mattress with built-in pump actually has an endorsement from the International Chiropractors Association, so you know it’ll provide excellent back support.”https://www.dontwasteyourmoney.com/products/king-koil-elevated-built-in-pump-raised-inflatable-air-mattress-queen/
“Reliable water-resistant comfort quilt top.”https://www.thesleepjudge.com/review/king-koil-luxury-raised-airbed-review/
“It is considered to be amongst the best inflatable airbeds on the market, and it comes with a wide range of different perks.”https://www.sleepadvisor.org/king-koil-mattress-review/
“… it’s the overall best air mattress on the market.”https://www.cnet.com/health/sleep/best-air-mattress/
“… its quality exceeded our expectations.”https://www.thespruce.com/king-koil-luxury-air-mattress-review-4687583
SoundAsleep Dream Series
Best Blow-Up Air Mattress
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Comfortable. Easy to inflate. Great customer service. Easy to use.
- There are 84% of positive reviews.
- There are 16% of negative statements.
“The great satisfaction guarantee means you get the most bang for your buck.”https://www.thespruce.com/soundasleep-dream-series-air-mattress-review-4687591
“… this product to be highly supportive, and it was able to do well at maintaining its shape and firmness through the night.”https://www.thesleepjudge.com/review/soundasleep-dream-series-air-mattress-review/
“… offers responsive customer service and a one-year warranty.”https://www.thesleepjudge.com/review/soundasleep-dream-series-air-mattress-review/
“… This air mattress is the clear winner here, wowing us with its dependability and consistency.”https://www.dontwasteyourmoney.com/products/soundasleep-dream-series-comfortcoil-technology-air-mattress-queen/
“… It’s designed specifically for at-home use but don’t let that stop you from taking it on your camping trip …”https://sleepsherpa.com/soundasleep-dream-series-air-mattress-review/
Coleman Camping Cot
Best Air Mattress For Camping
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Easy to set up. Worth the money. Easy to move around.
- There are 84% of positive reviews.
- There are 16% of negative statements.
Best Inflatable Bed
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Easy to set. Easy to inflate. Heavy-duty.
- There are 71% of positive reviews.
- There are 29% of negative statements.
“This is an affordable option that will suit most of your needs.”https://www.thesleepjudge.com/review/plush-high-rise-air-mattress-review/
“The Fox Air Bed is a particularly great choice for taller people who are worried about bed length.”https://airbedhub.com/fox-inflatable-air-bed-review/
“we gave it an 82/100 in value for money category..”https://3beds.com/air-mattress-reviews/fox-foam-topper-with-pillows/
WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress
Best Budget Air Mattress
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Easy to set. Easy to inflate. Highly recommended. Comfortable.
- There are 65% of positive reviews.
- There are 35% of negative statements.
Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
Most Durable Air Mattress
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Easy to set. Easy to inflate. Fast deflation.
- There are 73% of positive reviews.
- There are 27% of negative statements.
“The product comes at a very convenient price tag while, at the same time, it boasts a range of comprehensive advantages.”https://www.sleepadvisor.org/best-intex-air-mattress/
“The thick vinyl offers durability and the soft flocking on top of the bed eliminates the need for sheets.”https://www.thesleepjudge.com/review/intex-comfort-plush-elevated-dura-beam-airbed-review/
Etekcity Air Mattress
Best Air Mattress for Heavy People
- How reviewers give an account of relevant characteristics of this product? Worked great. Highly recommended. Easy to inflate. Easy to use.
- There are 87% of positive reviews.
- There are 13% of negative statements.
“Etekcity makes mobility easy both in transitioning in and out as well as in changing sleep positions.”https://www.thesleepjudge.com/review/etekcity-air-mattress-review/
“My favorite thing about the Airbed is that it never leaked air or deflated while I used it.”https://sleepopolis.com/mattress-reviews/etekcity-air-mattress-review/
“the profile height of the and the slightly raised bumpers that eliminate the risk of falling off”https://thesleepstudies.com/etekcity-air-mattress-review/
Factors to consider when buying an air bed
1. Puncture resistance
You do not want to have an air mattress that only lasts for one week and already has a small hole on the other side. Choose an airbed that is puncture-resistant to objects to some level. Make sure not to deliberately puncture your mattress with sharp objects.
2. The type
Consider the different types of air mattresses that are suitable for your needs. Air beds differ in terms of purposes, shapes, sizes, features, materials used, and forms.
A big airbed can be an item of permanent furniture in the bedroom which you can use every night. A raised airbed is similar to a regular bed because of its distance from the floor and height.
Once it is permanent, you do not need to inflate and deflate continuously. However, you can adjust its firmness according to your preference. It comes with an inflatable headboard and a detachable backrest.
If you prefer a more comfortable bed, you can consider purchasing memory foam air mattresses (memory foam air bed)
There is also a temporary inflatable bed for friends and relatives who are staying for one day. Once the guest leaves, you can deflate and store it. Self-inflatable air beds come with built-in pumps.
If you love the outdoors, airbeds are suitable for picnics or camping. You can use a lightweight inflatable bed for concerts or parties or bring one airbed to the park to play with your children.
Camping air mattresses come in various sizes and shapes. Some types are designed to fit in your RVs or pick-up trucks. One compact airbed is lightweight and flexible that you can lay it inside your tent and carry it on your back.
You can use an airbed to the beach to be used as a beach toy designed to float on the water. You can lie and sleep on it.
You need to consider the thickness of the air mattress. If you purchase a thinner air mattress, the greater the chance of your body to sink. This will cause discomfort whilst you sleep.
4. Sleeping position
Your sleeping position can determine the comfort level of your air mattress. If you sleep on your stomach and you are heavy, you should choose a firm top surface or a dense mattress.
When you sleep on your back, you should choose a comfort firm. If you always change positions, choose a dual-chamber air-filled mattress.
For your sleeping firmness and sleeping position scale, you need soft to over medium-firm or five to seven on a sleeping scale. Side sleepers range from very soft to medium or three to six on a sleeping scale.
If you sleep on your back, it ranges from medium to medium-firm or five to seven on a sleeping scale.
5. The weight
Your weight can determine your ideal firmness level. Pick an air mattress with a five to seven firmness scale for support and comfort, if you weigh over 150 pounds.
If you weigh lighter than 150 pounds, pick an airbed around five to six in the firmness scale so you will not want to sink too much. If you are heavy or weigh over 200 pounds, select a twelve-inch bed that is ten on the firmness scale.
The best air mattress for everyday use is the one that can hold your weight and still provides comfort!
Our recommendation of maintenance tips of the air mattress
Aria Twin Inflatable Air Mattress
Active Era Air Mattress
Twin Size Air Mattress for Inflatable
InnoTruth Air Mattress