Best air mattress for everyday use. The right selection of air mattresses is a crucial key for a good night’s sleep. Whether you are hosting guests, sleeping on an outdoor camping trip, or in a temporary living situation, you need to use one every day or just a few days, a quality airbed that does not break the bank is suitable. The best air mattresses for everyday use should be your best option.
For the most convenient experience, you want an inflatable air mattress that is easy to set up, compact to store and carry, and will not leak air overnight while you are sleeping on it.
We are trying to provide accurate information to new air mattress users about the dos and don’ts to air mattress for everyday use. You must choose the best air mattress for optimum sleep.
In this article, we have carefully research information about air mattress for everyday use. We have come up with this buying guide for air mattress users looking for the top air mattress. Check out our best air mattress for everyday use comparison and review, so you can make the purchasing decision easier.
Our Quick Overview
- Best Air Mattresses For Everyday Use: Air Mattress King Size
- Best Inflatable Airbed: King Koil Queen Air Mattress
- Best Blow-Up Mattress: SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress
- Best Air Mattress for Camping: Coleman Camping Cot
- Best Inflatable Bed: Fox Airbeds
- Best Budget Air Mattress: WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress
- Most Durable Air Mattress: Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
- Best Air Mattress for Heavy People: Etekcity Air Mattress
Our Top Picks
Primeareviews earns a commission through the affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
|King Koil Queen Raised Air Mattress for Everyday use||600 lbs.||$$$||4.5||8.0|
|SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress||500 lbs.||$$$||4.3||8.8|
|Coleman Queen Airbed Folding Cot||600 lbs.||$$$||4.3||7.9|
|Air Mattress Full Size – Best Choice Raised Inflatable Bed with Fitted Sheet||500 lbs
|Fox Airbeds – Plush High Rise Air Mattress||600 lbs.||$$$||3.7||8.4|
|WonderSleep Air Mattress For Everyday Use||400 lbs.||$$||3.6||7.0|
|Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress||450 lbs.||$$$||4.4||8.7|
|Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed||600 lbs.||$$$||4.0||8.2|
Materials of air mattress
The materials used for producing air mattress is something that you must know before making a purchase. They should be according to your specifications and requirements. You may end up being unsatisfied with the air mattress.
1. Textile reinforcement
Textile reinforcement materials are attached to the quilted top of the air mattresses for added padding. The material makes the air mattress feel more comfortable, flatter, and firmer. Textile reinforcement upgrades the air mattress to a puncture-proof product that increases support and durability.
2. Thermos Plastic Urethane
TPU or Thermos Plastic Urethane is a durable and top-rated material. This material is probably the best material for an air mattress.
The TPU material provides zero odors, and it is hypoallergenic. You will not have to worry about any risk of a health complication. TPU is lighter and stronger compared to PVC and urethane plastic.
3. PVC Or Polyvinyl Chloride
Most inflatable mattresses use PVC as the material. PVC materials are relatively inexpensive. They are available in different sizes.
It is waterproof so that you can clean the air mattress with a damp cloth. PVC material does not absorb water.
So, you can drink coffee and eat cheeseburgers on the bed without worrying about spills. If you are on a low budget, a PVC air mattress is the best choice.
It is durable enough to be used on a camping trip. Its weight and portability feature makes it easy to store and carry.
The downside of PVC air mattresses is the odor. You must consult your doctor before buying a PVC inflatable air mattress because it can cause allergies and cause other harm to your health.
The rubber material is used to design the air bladder of the mattress. Many air mattresses use rubber to make the quilted top of the mattress. Rubber is a lot more durable than PVC and just as comfortable as well.
5. Urethane Plastic
UP or Urethane plastic is a synthetic material that is durable, versatile, and easy to maintain or clean. UP is waterproof so that you can take the air mattress with you for camping. The material is stronger and not easy to be damaged compared to PVC.
Types of air mattress
1. Low Raised Air Beds
These low raised air beds are cheap air mattress and best suited to those of you that fall into this description:
2. Raised Air Mattress
If you are not on a camping trip, a raised air mattress is the best air mattress to use. A raised air mattress is an excellent choice for a guest bed. It is the one you should be looking for if:
3. Self-inflating air mattress
Self-inflating air mattresses or blow-up mattress is designed for individual use. To self-inflate, unravel it, and it starts to expand.
Shut off the valve, and it is ready to be used. For a camping trip, purchase an inflatable air mattress with gripping material.
The gripping material prevents the air mattress from sliding and shifting underneath. Pay close attention to the valve’s quality before purchasing a blow-up mattress.
Tips on finding the highest quality air mattress
1. The thickness
The thickness of an air mattress will determine the comfortable level compared to a thinner air mattress. You will feel more relax on a thicker air mattress and get more support.
A thicker air mattress can keep the air inside for more time. The thicker air mattress will not deflate in the middle of the night.
The thickness may be measured between 8 to 20 inches thick. Find air mattresses that are more than 18 inches thick. It will bring more comfort, and you will feel like sleeping on a real bed.
2. Losing air
High-quality air mattresses can stay inflated for hours. Long hours of inflated air mattress can help you during the cold night when you are camping outdoors.
The cold temperature reduces the air inside the air mattress. If you choose air mattresses made from premium materials, the material can avoid leaks to retain the air inside.
This will keep you comfortable and fully supported while you sleep.
Frequently asked question
1. Why the air mattress keeps deflating?
Air mattresses can deflate because of the pressure, the temperature, and the design. When you lay down, the air mattress will lose a little bit of air. The air mattress needs room to breathe. The cold temperatures at night cause the air to condense. The air mattress will take up more space in the morning as the temperature rises.
2. How to prevent the deflation of air mattresses?
You can never stop your air mattress from leaking air. You may transform your environment to make your air mattress perform better.
By keeping the area warm will cut back air loss. If you lay flat on the air mattress will reduce the air from being pushed out.
Do not sit on the air mattress because the pressure pushes the air out much faster, and you will find the air mattress will be flattened in the morning. You can use heaters to adjust the outdoor setting. Another way is to use the never flat pump technology.
3. Can you allow pets on air mattresses?
Even if your dogs or cats are sleeping on beds or laying on your furniture, you should not let them be on your air mattresses. Dogs and cats have sharp claws that can puncture holes.
It would be difficult to repair this damage. Dogs and cats tend to jump off or push off furniture, which can stress the surface of the air mattress.
Benefits of sleeping on the air mattress
You might have heard that air mattresses are not the best things to sleep on. They are excellent for a temporary sleeping solution.
A regular bed mattress delivers better support and avoids aches and pains in your back. This is not necessarily the case.
The Best Air Mattresses For Everyday Use may be the better sleeping option. One of the essential things you have to consider when purchasing an air mattress is the level of support it gives.
The level of support is needed if you are to be sleeping on it regularly.
You require to sleep on a mattress that can support your back if you have problems with your back. An old regular bed may lose some of the support that it once had.
If you sleep on it, the old mattress will not support your back as it should be. Sometimes when you buy a softer mattress can cause and develop back problems.
If you decide to sleep on this old mattress, it can lead to even more problems with your back. Many people continue to use a regular mattress because it is expensive to buy another mattress.
Most airbeds can be a more inexpensive choice than a new mattress. An excellent airbed product can give you enough support to ensure that your back is not undergoing any further stress or strain.
An airbed can also use it if you live in a household where there is not enough room for a regular bed. If you do not have enough room, then you require to make sure that the airbed allows for your spine to be appropriately aligned.
This feature prevents pressure from building up on your vertebrae. Airbeds in today’s market are so advanced that you can receive a high level of support when sleeping.
You can see now that sleeping on an airbed is not necessarily the less preferable choice. This might be preferable to sleeping on a regular mattress that has lost its level of support over the years. An air mattress becomes the right option for you.
Best Air Mattress Reviews
We researched online to put together the top air mattresses available on the market today. Combining mostly on consumer reviews and product information, we recommend our favorite products.
Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
Air Mattress King Size
Average ratings: 8.0
- This Air Mattress King Size came with a fitted and skirt top sheet that will add a warm layer. This top sheet will let you sleep better that provide extensive back support, and is hypoallergenic. This is why we rate this air mattress as the best air mattress for everyday use.
- This Air Mattress King Size bed is designed for more robust and lightweight with laminated vinyl that prevents leakage. There is a travel bag so you can travel and use the bed easily with a true-to-size dimension.
- The built-in mattress pump is an alternate for the valve and comes with external inflation. The coil beam is tested and tried. The coil beam guarantees long-lasting quality and dreamless sleep. It is probably the best air mattress for long-term use.
- This air mattress by Air Mattress guarantees a particular level of firmness to support your back. This bed is strong around the edges of the bed and provides full support to your back.
- The Air Mattress King Size is equipped with the instruction manual, the built-in pump, and the air mattress. You do not have to worry about this Air Mattress King Size because every purchase of the bed will come with a one-year guarantee and a sixty-day risk-free satisfaction guarantee.
- If you do not feel satisfied with what you see or feel, you are free to send the air mattress back with a full refund.
- You can feel extra comfort with the topper included with the bed, which also doubles up to create a bed skirt. The bed has a strong vinyl layer, which is reinforced with a nylon laminate layer to make sure of long-term use or long-term air mattress.
- The features above make the mattress light, and to fill up the mattress right away, you can use the high-powered two-way pump, and you can deflate the bed to make storage easier.
- Its firm sleeping surface is created to make sure physical comfort and can hold a person with a maximum weight of six hundred pounds for the Queen size. At the same time, the twin beds can hold three hundred pounds.
- The dimension of the Queen is 80″ x 60″ x 19″ and the twin beds dimension is 80″ x 40″ x 18″.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||696230512972|
|Max Weight Capacity||650 pounds|
|Available Sizes||King, Queen, Twin, Full|
|Dimension||81-inhes x 74-inches x 19-inhes (King size)|
|Material||Vinyl laminated blend|
|Features||Leak-free, Hypoallergenic cover|
|Warranty||Full 1 year warranty|
Best Inflatable Airbed
King Koil Queen Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
Average ratings: 8.0
- We rate this sirbed as the best inflatable airbed. The King Koil Queen Air Mattress can mimic a regular mattress with its technology, which is ergonomically designed to maintain the mattress’s firmness and shape. The airbed can expand when you sleep on the bed because it is made from stretchy material that works well. The bed can hold a person with a maximum weight of six hundred pounds.
- This King Koil Queen Air Mattress bed can support a night of better sleep and assist spine alignment endorsed by the International Chiropractor’s Association. This organization promotes and maintains chiropractic’s unique identity as drugless, surgical-free health science, vitalistic non-therapeutic, and non-allopathic.
- King Koil Queen Air Mattress also provides leadership in the establishment of chiropractic regulation and licensure and promotes the quality and authenticity of chiropractic education.
- The airbed provides elevation on the surface that delivers comfort against your back. This feature makes comfort feel good and look good as well. All its materials had been time tested to last a long time. It is also the best air mattress for long-term use.
- The King Koil Queen Air Mattress mattress came with a one-year guarantee and equipped with a soft flocking layer and built-in pillow. You can sleep on the extra-thick comfort quilt top with extra comfort.
- The top of the airbed is waterproof and gives support to the spine, to maintain a good posture even in the soundest of sleep. Other than that, there is a suede top to keep the bedding stable.
- This queen-sized bed has a 120 volt AC pump and a coil-beam construction. You can utilize the pump for deflation and fast inflation for an easy-to-use pump. The great thing about this is that you can use the airbed for camping and regular use.
- Each purchase, you will get a carrying bed and an airbed. To inflate, turn the knob clockwise. To deflate the airbed, turn the knob counterclockwise.
- You can do the deflation and inflation that takes only four minutes. Inflation can be halted every time the mattress has reached a firmness level. The inflated bed has a dimension of 80″ x 60″ x 20″.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||817442020110|
|Dimension||80-inches x 60-inches x 20-inches|
|Features||Waterproof, durable, 2 minutes inflation|
|Warranty||1 year manufacturer warranty|
Best Blow-Up Air Mattress
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress Blow-Up Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump
Average ratings: 8.8
- This SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress is equipped with advanced ComfortCoil technology designed for regular use. We rate this airbed the best blow-up mattress that can provide comfort.
- The SoundAsleep Dream Series air mattress airbed is integrated with a pump that is designed to be 20% less noise during inflation. The material is made from a puncture-resistant component and can hold a person with a weight of up to five hundred pounds.
- The coil is durable enough to entail your full-body support and high back for as long as you want. You can assemble the airbed by following the included video instruction.
- It is extra thick, has waterproof technology, and constructed with multilayered material. Each package comes with a carry bag, and a one-year guarantee to make sure you can deal with any defects or problems.
- The bag can make it easy to carry the airbed around. In just one click, the EX pump has a high capacity with low power consumption to inflate the bed. You can deflate in four minutes and can be topped off easily.
- SoundAsleep Dream Series air mattress is equipped with a multiple-ply topper to provide comfortable and soft sleep. It is made from a free toxic fifteen-gauge PVC material. There are forty internal air coils to improve durability.
- The queen-sized dimensions are 78″ x 58″ x 19″, with a double-height air bed, dual-chamber constructions, provide comfort levels. The Sure-Grip bottom maintains the airbed to be stable and prevents sliding.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||884472022674|
|Available Sizes||Twin, twin xl, queen, king, full|
|Dimension||78-inches x 58-inches x 19-inches|
|Features||Waterproof, durable, puncture resistant|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
Best Air Mattress For Camping
Coleman Camping Cot
Average ratings: 7.9
- The Coleman Camping Cot Air Mattress with frame and Pump Combo is suitable for any use and has an easy-to-use sleeping surface. It is a blend of the portability of the foldable cot, and the comfort of a Queen sized air mattress. It is a raised air mattress or a raised air bed.
- The coil constructions minimize bulges and dents. This construction will make you wake up enough rested. There is also the level top that makes a snug sleeping service. We rate this airbed as the best air mattress for camping.
- The AirTight system has been proven, tested, and tried to be leak-free. The system can retain the mattress at its firmness level. To inflate and deflate, the battery-operated 4D pump can do the job within minutes.
- The raised air mattress or raised air bed is a portable Queen sized mattress that can support your everyday sleeping needs. The airbed delivers comfort and support and comfort, and its AirTight system prevents any leakage.
- The air mattress with frame is made of a robust steel cot that can support up to six hundred pounds and people who are up to 6 feet 2 inches in height.
- Coleman Camping Cot raised air mattress with frame also comes equipped with a 4D battery-operated pump, and its design is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. The airbed and cot are designed in a high fashion to provide enhanced sleeping support.
- The Coleman Camping Cot raised air mattress with frame is made easy to transport and easy to use and made from durable steel. The frame is compact with ergonomic.
- The elevation is twenty inches above the ground, which comes in handy during your camping trip. The cot delivers the feel of a conventional bed.
- The elevation also prevents dampness and cold from the ground as well as protecting the users from creatures at night. The sleeping space can be expanded when the mattress and the cot are used individually.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||133930808276|
|Dimension||78-inches x 59-inches x 22-inches|
|Features||Supports up to 600 pounds|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Best Inflatable Bed
Average ratings: 8.4
- We rate this airbed as the best inflatable bed. You can use the Fox Airbeds for regular everyday use, for a camping trip, and for guests. The Fox Airbeds are made of materials such as wool, silk, and cotton.
- The pillow top is above 40% thicker than vinyl that has airflow chambers. It comes with a two-way pump, that can be inflated with an external pump and comes with a Deluxe release valve.
- The material is not PVC, which is prone to leak. The material is thicker to lower the risk of leaks and provides proper care measures.
- The pillow and topper are made from premium gel memory foam. The bed is designed with convenience and reliability in mind. It is one of the best memory foam air mattresses (memory foam air bed).
- The Fox Airbeds provide improved stability for better night sleep from its coil construction. The material is puncture-resistant that comes with a twenty-five gauge vinyl side, and bottom and a thirty gauge flocked surface. The coil construction also enhances stability and improves night sleep.
- The Airflow chambers are resistant to humidity and moisture with a sturdy and long-lasting and environmentally friendly feature. It is equipped with two-way built-in pumps that allow the pumping process to faster.
- For extra protection, the Fox Airbeds come with a ninety-day guarantee that allows you to have the mattress replaced.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||015568670541|
|Available Sizes||King, Queen, Full, Twin|
|Dimension||82-inches x 62-inches x 18-inches|
|Features||Can evenly distributing weight to relieve pressure points and ensure restful sleep for you or a guest|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Best Budget Air Mattress
WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress
Average ratings: 7
- This WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress is an airbed that does not need any wall outlet. There is an external manual air valve to use for deflating and inflate in minutes. After the deflation, you can store it easily. All you have to do is roll the mattress, store it in the travel bag.
- You do not have to worry about the material because the thick base is puncture-resistant. This feature prevents damage caused by debris and dirt. The manufacturer also provides one year warranty that makes it a more worthy purchase. Due to its thick material, we rate this airbed as the best budget air mattress.
- The WonderSleep classic series air mattress supports the back, and the height is ideal for normal-sized or weighted persons. The technology used is Dream Coil technology, with seven-by-five array coils that improve muscle and back support. The technology provides ease of use, whether you are using it for a regular home or camping.
- The WonderSleep classic series air mattress is made of thick waterproof material with a flocked topper that increases durability and comfort. It is multilayered.
- The reinforced bottom keeps it in place and sturdy. It is equipped with an internal motor pump to inflate or deflate fast. Its pump is ETL certified for rapid inflation.
- The WonderSleep classic series air mattress has a design with air-filled columns. An internal honeycomb layering design is to support the body by maintaining the spine straight. Fitted sheets are held as the rounded grooves at the edges of the bed.
- Every purchase of the WonderSleep comes with an instruction manual, a leak repair kit, an air mattress, and a storage bag. It has triple-sealed seams that weigh twenty pounds.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||690003412193|
|Dimension||78-inches x 58-inches x 20-inches|
|Material||Thick, puncture-resistant material|
|Features||Durable, comfortable, 4-minute inflation|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Most Durable Air Mattress
Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
Average ratings: 8.2
- The Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed is rather large compared to regular air mattresses. It has a height of twenty-two inches that makes it easy to climb onto the airbed when you are from a standing position.
- The Intex Comfort Plush is designed to lower air loss against all air mattresses that lose air. This design will alleviate your back pain if you have one.
- There is a knob that can be turned for deflation and inflation. The inflation side acts as a plug and maintains the air inside the mattress.
- This Intex Comfort Plush air mattress has the durable for years. This durability is possible due to its Fiber-Tech construction. It is made from high-strength polyester fibers to increase support, stability, and comfort. We rate this air matress as the most durable air mattress.
- The flocked top is 20.8 gauge waterproof with 15 gauge vinyl beams, while the 16 gauge sides and bottom increase its toughness. The Intex Comfort Plush comes with a built-in electric pump for easy inflation, and it is customizable with a touch of a button.
- Its control valve has an inflation symbol that you can easily see. All you have to do is insert the air pump nozzle into the pipe at the center of the control dial. This practice is enough to inflate the air bed.
- The Intex Comfort Plush is designed for home everyday use. The high-powered built-in electric pump enables you to deflate or inflate in three minutes.
- It comes with a duffel bag that makes transportation and storage easy. The dimensions are 54” x 13” x 75”. The maximum weight for one person is six hundred pounds in capacity.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||078257301409|
|Dimension||54-inches x 13-inches x 75-inches|
|Features||Durable, lightweight, puncture resistant, abrasion-resistant|
|Warranty||Refund or exchange within 15 days|
Best Air Mattress for Heavy People
Etekcity Air Mattress
Average ratings: 8.7
- The Etekcity Air Mattress is made from an environmentally friendly PVC that prevents any unwanted slippage. This material is easy to clean after you use it.
- You can clean the airbed with a damp cloth. The airbed dimensions are 80” x 60” x 22”. The sides are for you to use regular pocket sheets of up to twenty inches to stay on the bed comfortably. We rate this air mattress as the best air mattress for heavy people.
- The whole weight is a lightweight twenty-five pound. Its edge design is intended to prevent you from falls.
- Etekcity Air Mattress comes with a year warranty plus lifetime support.
- The material is non-toxic with a comfortable flocking top. The flocking top has an extra thick layer of 0.4 millimeters non-toxic PVC and 0.2 millimeters that makes it a comfortable but solid airbed.
- The base is skid-free than retains the airbed from slipping during any movement. It is equipped with a double high structure to prevent any strain on your back, legs and gives the feeling of a regular mattress.
- Etekcity Air Mattress is designed to avoid leakage and bed sheet friendly. The sheets will stay on with the flocked top making sure a deep slumber. The construction inside makes the bed comfortable and steady like a traditional bed. It can hold a person who weighs six-hundred and fifty pounds.
- It has a one-of-a-kind vein system that supports all parts of the body. This feature can get rid of fatigue and creating a relaxed condition. The built-in pump can deflate and inflate the airbed in three to five minutes. If you wish to pump manually, there is a Boston valve build in for an external pump.
Why we like it
|GTIN or UPC||817915025086|
|Available Sizes||Queen, twin|
|Dimension||80 x 60 x 9 inch|
|Material||Multi-layer flocked top with safe quality PVC|
|Features||Wave beam, get more than 40% support, comfort your body well and solidly. It supports up to 650 lb|
Factors to consider when buying an air bed
1. Puncture resistance
You do not want to have an air mattress that only lasts for one week and already has a small hole on the other side. Choose an airbed that is puncture-resistant to objects to some level. Make sure not to deliberately puncture your mattress with sharp objects.
2. The type
Consider the different types of air mattresses that are suitable for your needs. Air beds differ in terms of purposes, shapes, sizes, features, materials used, and forms.
A big airbed can be an item of permanent furniture in the bedroom which you can use every night. A raised airbed is similar to a regular bed because of its distance from the floor and height.
Once it is permanent, you do not need to inflate and deflate continuously. However, you can adjust its firmness according to your preference. It comes with an inflatable headboard and a detachable backrest.
If you prefer a more comfortable bed, you can consider purchasing memory foam air mattresses (memory foam air bed)
There is also a temporary inflatable bed for friends and relatives who are staying for one day. Once the guest leaves, you can deflate and store it. Self-inflatable air beds come with built-in pumps.
If you love the outdoors, airbeds are suitable for picnics or camping. You can use a lightweight inflatable bed for concerts or parties or bring one airbed to the park to play with your children.
Camping air mattresses come in various sizes and shapes. Some types are designed to fit in your RVs or pick-up trucks. One compact airbed is lightweight and flexible that you can lay it inside your tent and carry it on your back.
You can use an airbed to the beach to be used as a beach toy designed to float on the water. You can lie and sleep on it.
You need to consider the thickness of the air mattress. If you purchase a thinner air mattress, the greater the chance of your body to sink. This will cause discomfort whilst you sleep.
4. Sleeping position
Your sleeping position can determine the comfort level of your air mattress. If you sleep on your stomach and you are heavy, you should choose a firm top surface or a dense mattress.
When you sleep on your back, you should choose a comfort firm. If you always change positions, choose a dual-chamber air-filled mattress.
For your sleeping firmness and sleeping position scale, you need soft to over medium-firm or five to seven on a sleeping scale. Side sleepers range from very soft to medium or three to six on a sleeping scale.
If you sleep on your back, it ranges from medium to medium-firm or five to seven on a sleeping scale.
5. The weight
Your weight can determine your ideal firmness level. Pick an air mattress with a five to seven firmness scale for support and comfort, if you weigh over 150 pounds.
If you weigh lighter than 150 pounds, pick an airbed around five to six in the firmness scale so you will not want to sink too much. If you are heavy or weigh over 200 pounds, select a twelve-inch bed that is ten on the firmness scale.
The best air mattress for everyday use is the one that can hold your weight and still provides comfort!