Crib With Wheels. Little newborns necessitate large purchases of baby gear, and a crib with wheels may be the largest one you’ll make right now, both in size and cost.
It will also necessitate a great deal of thought. You’ll be spending a lot of time with your baby in that crib until he’s ready for a bed, so you’ll want it to be exactly right — the correct style, size, and color. But, above all things, you’ll want it to be secure.
Our list of the Best Crib With Wheels
Child Craft Compact Arched Sweet Dreamer Mini Portable Folding Metal Crib with Locking Wheels, White
- COMPACT CRIB: White, steel crib that is perfect for urban living, small spaces, grandparents home or child care centers
- EASY STORAGE: Easy to fold flat in seconds for easy storage when not in use
- NON-MARKING WHEELS: The non-marking casters make it easy to move this crib room-to-room without damaging floors. Two-wheels lock the crib in place when stationary
- FOAM MATTRESS: Includes a 4-inch InfaPure foam mattress
- SAFETY: Tested to all mandotory regulations to keep your baby safe
- URBAN STYLE AND SIZE: Designed for urban living with a foldable frame with removable, locking caster wheels for easy storage and transport. It's a smart and stylish alternative to a bassinet, suitable for a growing babe from newborn to beyond 18 months.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Origami has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS HEIGHT: The low-profile design and 2 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest. The Origami is a standard mini size crib which includes a 1" mattress pad. We recommend additional support with our Pure by babyletto mini crib mattress (37" x 23.5").
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Made with sustainably sourced solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available. The mattress support is TSCA compliant engineered wood.
- SAFE FOR BABE: We go the extra step to ensure your babe's safety. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe.
Dream On Me Folding Full Size Convenience Crib, White
- CONVENIENCE MAX: A full-size crib that boasts roomy interiors but occupies a small-footprint, making it the perfect option for small spaces! Comes with a two-position mattress support to keep pace with your growing baby
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: When the crib is not needed, simply fold flat using the patented folding system and store. No disassembly required - unfold and use again when needed! Lightweight frame and wheels allow you to move it easily from room to room
- SAFETY MATTERS: The stationary (non-drop side) rail system and heavy duty, locking, commercial size wheels provide the utmost in product safety. It meets or exceeds applicable ASTM standards
- CLEAN DESIGN: The crib features a minimalist design. Choose from beautiful finishes options and mix and match with any room theme and tools for easy assembly included
- PRODUCT SPECS: Crib dimensions are 54L x 31W x 46H. It weighs 46 lbs
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib in White, Removeable Wheels, Greenguard Gold
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed and daybed (toddler conversion kit No.M3199 sold separately)
- PORTABLE: Rolling wheels allow you to move the crib around freely and to move aside to clean those hard to reach areas under the crib. Wheels can be locked to keep crib stationary
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Jenny Lind Changing Table, 3 and 6-Drawer Dressers, and Nightstand for a coordinated nursery. While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci's line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold mattresses
Dream On Me, Full Size 2-in-1 Folding Stationary Side Crib, White 54x31x46 Inch (Pack of 1)
- PATENTED FOLDING SYSTEM: The Dream On Me Full Size 2-in-1 Folding Stationary Side Crib is a convenient 2-position folding crib. Once your child outgrows it, the patented folding system allows you to fold it and store with ease
- IDEAL FOR SMALL SPACES:It’s lightweight & mobile-move it easily around your home. It folds flat for storage-compact and perfect for small spaces. Simply unfold and lock in place for when you need to use it again or for when guests with babies visit
- SAFETY MATTERS:Safety is our topmost priority.All our cribs meet/exceed applicable ASTM & CPSC standards.Safety features include the stationary rail design (non-drop side),dual safety hooded locking wheels and teething guard
- FINISH OPTIONS: A stylish and contemporary design and six beautiful finish options allow you to effortlessly match it with any nursery theme. All tools for assembly are provided
- PRODUCT SPECS: Dimensions: 46Hx54Lx31W inches, max weight limit 50 lbs. We recommend the Dream On Me non-toxic, Greenguard Gold certified full-size crib mattress (sold separately) for the perfect fit
Dream On Me 2 in 1 Portable Folding Stationary Side Crib in White, Greenguard Gold Certified
$205.66 in stock
- Portable Crib, US Patented rail system. PATENT #6817046 / 8479328 B2.
- Meet the CPSC and ASTM standard
- all tools for easy assembly included. Don’t expose your furniture to strong sunlight or extreme changes in temperature or moisture. This can damage or fade its color
- stationary (non drop side) rail design, Made of solid Pine.
Dream On Me 2-in-1 Lightweight Folding Portable Stationary Side Crib in White, Greenguard Gold Certified
- DUAL USE: This crib delights with its functionality! The crib assembly is quick and the U.S. patented rail design easily helps convert it from a crib to a playpen in seconds, making it a nursery must-have!
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: The unique hinge system allows it to fold flat for compact storage. It’s lightweight frame with wheels allow easy maneuverability and portability, making it the ideal travel companion. Product weight is 32 lbs
- SAFETY MATTERS: The stationary (non drop side) rail system and dual hooded, locking wheels provide the utmost in product safety. It meets applicable ASTM/CPSC standards
- NEAT DESIGN: Made of pinewood, it’s lean, minimalist design and six stylish finish options give it a versatile appeal, allowing it to mix and match into any room decor. One inch crib mattress and tools for easy assembly included
- PRODUCT SPECS: Crib dimensions are 40L x 26W x 38H. Maximum baby weight limit is 35 lbs
Dream On Me Jett Non-Full Size Folding Crib I Removeable Wheels I Modern Nursey I Adjustable Mattress Support I Patent Folding System I Included 1.5" Mattress, White
- IDEAL FOR SMALL SPACES: Thanks to the patented folding system, the Jett folds flat for storage, making it a space-saving delight Simply unfold and lock in place when you need to use it again; It is lightweight and mobile - move it around easily
- GROWS WITH BABY: The Jett comes with a three-position mattress support to keep pace with your growing baby; Use it at the highest position when your child is young and lower it as your child grows older; All tools for assembly are provided.Wipe up spills promptly
- SAFETY MATTERS: Safety is our topmost priority; All our cribs meet/exceed applicable ASTM & CPSC standards; Safety features include the stationary rail design (non-drop side) and dual safety hooded locking wheels
- MODERN DESIGN: With its trendy vibe and clean lines, the Jett delights with its minimalist aesthetic; Choose from beautiful non-toxic, child-safe, water-based finish options as you mix and match to create a stylish nursery
- PRODUCT SPECS: Dimensions: 38L x 26W x 36H inches; It comes with a 1 inch mattress pad that stores in the crib when folded; Choose a Dream On Me non-toxic, Greenguard Gold certified mini or portable crib mattress for a perfect fit
Dream On Me 3 in 1 Portable Folding Stationary Side Crib in White, Greenguard Gold Certified, Mini Crib
- USEFUL CONVERTIBILITY: Perfect for today’s millennial parents with its multi-functionality. Crib assembly is quick and the U.S. patented rail design easily converts crib to a changing station or playpen in seconds
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: The perfect space-saver with a one-hand fold for flat, compact storage. Lightweight frame with wheels makes it easy for you to move it around the house or, while travelling.Never suspend strings over product or attach string to toys
- SAFETY MATTERS: The stationary (non drop side) rail system and dual hooded safety wheels with locking casters provides the utmost in product safety. It meets applicable CPSC and ASTM standards
- CLEAN DESIGN: Comes with a solid birchwood frame. Clean, minimalist design makes it an ideal addition to any nursery. Choose from six beautiful finishes. One inch crib mattress and tools for easy assembly included
- PRODUCT SPECS: Crib dimensions are 41L x 26W x 40H. Maximum weight limit is 35 lbs. Comes with a three-position mattress support
Dream On Me Carson Classic 2-in-1 Convertible Crib in Espresso, Greenguard Gold Certified, No Size
$146.57 in stock
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTIBILITY: The Carson Classic keeps pace with your child’s changing needs! It converts from a crib into a toddler bed and daybed (conversion kit sold separately), perfect for those early growing years.
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES: With 4 mattress height positions, the Carson Classic can be adjusted according to the age of your baby. It comes with a teething rail and also has dual hooded, safety locking wheels for easy mobility in those early years.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Built of renewable, sustainable & durable New Zealand pinewood, the Carson Classic’s design is a mix of straight and curved lines that blend beautifully with any room decor. Available in stylish finishes to fit any nursery.
- SAFETY FIRST: Comes with a stationary (non-drop side) rail design for added security. Tested by 3rd party labs for lead/other toxic elements to meet/exceed CPSC/ASTM safety standards.
- KEY SPECS: The Carson Classic measures 54L x 31W x 40H inches and the maximum weight capacity is 50 lbs. For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, Greenguard certified mattress
New releases on Amazon:
Last update on 2022-09-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to choose the best crib with wheels
What is crib with wheels
When your child is older, a crib can be a good replacement for a bassinet. When a crib with wheels, it will help you transport your crib from one room to another.
A crib on wheels is perfect to increase portability as well as gently rocking your infant or baby back and forth to make them sleep. If added with comfortable foam mattress; and compact design, make the crib with wheels just the perfect place for your baby.
Benefits of crib with wheels
First and foremost, whether the baby’s space isn’t large enough to hold a traditional crib or if you share a room. You’ll get a portable crib with wheels in the room that also provides a comfy place for the baby to sleep.
It is especially useful if you have twins and cannot fit two beds in the room. The babies have enough room to sleep without taking up the entire bed with two portable linens. There are numerous safest baby cribs available.
Beneficial for working parents
The crib with wheels or portable crib is an excellent choice for parents who work from home or who require additional space for their baby’s nursery. Simply roll the crib into the bed or open the door to the room.
Some mobile baby beds or crib on wheels have enough stability to provide a sleeping and playing area for the infant.
If you need to be with your baby almost all the time for some reasons, you can roll them with with you wherever you go in the house. You can be with your baby while you are ironing or do the laundry if it is possible. You will feel more safe being near your baby all the time.
Factors to consider before purchasing crib with wheels
Convenience/ease of usage
Consider how you intend to utilize the crib with wheels. Some cribs with wheels are essentially smaller normal cribs with wheels, and therefore may not be suitable for travel because they must be disassembled before being carried beyond the next room.
If you only want a crib with wheels for home usage, consider how easy it is to transfer from room to room and how easy it is to navigate.
The size of the crib with wheels is critical, especially if you plan on using it for more than a few months. First and foremost, ensure that you can transport a wheeled crib with wheels through your home’s doors.
If you’re thinking about getting a portable crib with wheels, pick one that’s big enough for your child but not so big that it’s unwieldy or difficult to transfer.
A travel crib with wheels, once again, should be portable. Some cribs with wheels are simply too heavy or large to be moved easily. Even if you choose a travel model, make sure the size and weight are manageable, and if possible.
Try the assembling and packing procedure using a demo model to get a sense of how simple it is to use. Consider the following features: Some portable cribs with wheels feature a separate mattress, whilst others, for example, have built-in mattresses.
Any crib with wheels, particularly a portable one, should be purchased with safety in mind. On a crib with wheels, for example, locking wheels are required. Compare the different safety features of each crib with wheels in terms of your child’s age and skills to get the ideal model for your needs.
Another essential is keeping the crib with wheels clean and sanitary, so evaluate how easy it is to clean your chosen crib with wheels.
Avoid buying a crib with wheels composed of dangerous chemicals, such as flame retardants. To keep your kid healthy, look for cribs with wheels that are ecologically safe and long-lasting.
Babies, too, want to be comfortable, so the crib with wheels should be appropriate for their size and weight, as well as provide adequate cushioning.
Is crib with wheels safe?
Crib with wheels are regarded safe as long as you can lock two of the wheels when you are not moving intentionally. The wheels on most contemporary wheeled cribs may be locked.
If it doesn’t, you should think about another solution because your toddler will be able to push the unlocked crib around and maybe injure himself. This is not something you should take a chance on.
How to know if a crib with wheels is safe?
The crib on wheels is the appropriate size
The crib bars or slats should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches (approximately the width of a can of soda), and none should be damaged or missing. The crib rail’s top should be at least 26 inches above the top of the mattress.
Finally, the corner posts should be either flush with the top of the headboard or somewhat taller – more than 16 inches. Posts between these heights may catch your child’s clothing if he tries to climb out.
The corner posts are rounded and smooth
Corner posts should be flush with the end panels (and if small corner posts are used, they should not be more than 1/16th of an inch high). If you’re thinking of buying a secondhand crib with decorative finials or knobs, you’ll need to cut them off and sand down the rough edges outside and away from your baby’s room.
The hardware is securely fastened
The hardware — bolts, screws, etc. — in a safe crib should be firmly attached, with no sharp edges or rough regions, and no points that can pinch or otherwise hurt your precious infant. The wood of the crib should be free of fractures and fissures. (In addition, the entire crib — sides, slats, and all — should be extremely robust, with tight joints.)
Never use hardware store parts to replace the original pieces of a crib. Instead, the parts must be obtained directly from the crib’s manufacturer.
The hue of the paint is harmless
When it comes to crib paint, consider more than just the hue. Cribs manufactured prior to 1978 may have lead in the finish, posing a major health danger to newborns and young children.
If you suspect that your prospect’s paint is lead-based, have it removed outside your home using best techniques recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Then begin again with a high-quality, lead-free enamel (check the paint label to make sure your choice is safe as a nursery item).
Stick to non-toxic paint with no volatile organic components for a natural nursery (VOCs).
Avoid or refinish any crib with peeling or broken paint (even if it is lead-free).
The mattress fits well inside
Assemble the mattress so that it fits snuggly against the inside of the crib. Try the two-finger test to assess crib safety: If you can fit more than two fingers between the mattress and the crib — Mom’s, not Dad’s if he has enormous hands – the mattress isn’t a suitable fit. (The more difficult it is for you to make the bed, the better it is for your infant.)
Prefer to merely ensure that the numbers match? A full-size crib mattress should be at least 27 1/4 inches by 51 1/4 inches in dimension and no thicker than 6 inches in thickness.
Also, if the mattress is new, remove the plastic and toss it away right away. Also, make sure the mattress is firm, as soft beds increase the risk of SIDS. Rather of relying on the firmness level listed on the mattress label, try it yourself: if you push down firmly, the mattress should remain firm and spring right back.
Soft toys and bedding should be avoided
Never put plush toys or soft bedding in your baby’s crib (even the gorgeous pillow and comforter that comes with the crib bedding set) because they can cause suffocation.
Bumper pads are also strongly discouraged by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as they increase the risk of SIDS and other crib deaths.
You should avoid using soft bedding in your baby’s cot until he is at least a year old, preferably 18 months. A transitional object, such as a small stuffed animal or a thin blanket, can aid with sleep issues in babies aged 12 to 18 months and is regarded safe.
Even after your child reaches one and the risk of SIDS has decreased considerably, you should avoid crib bumper pads entirely. While they are unlikely to be a suffocation hazard until your baby is a toddler, an inquisitive tot may seek to climb on them in an attempt to wiggle out of the crib – and possibly injure themselves.
Avoid headboard and footboard cuts and drop-sides
You should also avoid cribs with attractive decorative cutouts on the headboards and footboards, which are prohibited by the CPSC. Also, never accept a hand-me-down drop-side crib.
Observe safety precautions
If you choose to have your infant start off in a bassinet or portable cot with bassinet characteristics, you must also follow comparable best safety standards for that type of crib. This includes, for example, eliminating bumpers, cushions, toys, and soft bedding, as well as ensuring that the mattress fits tightly within the bassinet (i.e. using only the mattress that comes with or fits that specific model).
As with cribs, purchasing the most recent model bassinet or portable crib is strongly advised. However, if you try a used one, always use it with a mattress that matches the type of bassinet you borrowed, because the product’s safety rating is based on the mattress it originally came with.
Wicker bassinets and Moses baskets should be avoided at all costs due to sharp components that can cause splinters or other injuries, as well as bits that can break off and create choking risks for babies.
Choosing the ideal cot for your baby’s nursery can require some thought and browsing around. But, when you’re considering colors, textiles, and overall style, don’t forget about safety.
Choose a model that is as modern as possible and meets the most latest and stringent safety standards imposed by the CPSC. Following the most recent crib safety rules will not only help your baby sleep more safely, but it will also help you sleep better.